1. We decided to use the Couch Potato to 5k as a "PE" program in our homeschool. Linus thinks I'm trying to kill him, he is convinced of it and tells me so each time my phone announces it is time to run. He is making it though, and it is time we got back into shape. I'm proud of him and Faith for doing this with me. I used to run all the time, but that was many MANY years ago. If we keep this up, I think we should do a 5k together to celebrate! I'll keep you posted.
2. Avengers: Age of Ultron is coming out tomorrow, so my crew is going to the show this evening for the 'pre'view. I love how my boys all enjoy these movies, because they are each one very different with their own tastes and preferences, but The Avengers brings them together, they bond over superheroes, what can I say.
3. Speaking of boys. Jonah called us this week while Simon was home sick from school. These two are fairly similar in their charming/precocious combination and oddly enough they are both frequent flyers in the Nurses office...and they both take offense when I point that out. So Jonah video calls while Simon is here and I bring that fact up. Simon let Jonah know the nurses love him more, they even have a mug with his name on it so he can get coffee when he goes by to see them. Jonah knows this isn't true so he ignores the comment and wants to know if they ever ask about him, do they know Simon is his little brother? "No, no they don't remember you at all" Simon replies...so Jonah retaliates by grabbing a quilt I made him many years ago and starts saying "Look, look what Mom made me because she loves me the most" *and the truth is, I got stuck on an unfortunate bear claw patch for Noah's quilt and so out of all the quilts I've made only Jonah and Elijah have one from me out of my children...yes, I am ashamed of this*....and he starts rubbing this little fact in Simon's face.
Simon responds (and doesn't miss a beat) "The nurses made me a quilt"
Jonah about died. It was greatness! I love these two.
4. We recently watched this video:
and it came back to bite me. I never expected to get a text from Ben's teacher telling me that he got in trouble for break dancing at school. I texted back: "Break dancing???" Really??? She said yes, but that he hurt his knee and so he did finally stop. I was dumbfounded, where on earth had he picked that up....then, I remembered. I already knew we needed to be careful what we watched with Ben around (don't get me started on the parent fail Weeping Angel issue we've had going on for 2 years now) but, I never expected break dancing to be one of the things he would get stuck on.
5. We've been binge watching Pushing Daisies (after Ben goes to bed, I can't even begin to imagine what this show would do to him, he is very literal), why oh why was the series cancelled????? I love the quirkiness and the Pie Hole, my favorite Kristin Chenoweth is in it and the whole story line is just fun, I especially love the colors, the costumes and the sets!!
6. My friend Anne has continued to tweak and work on the decals, I am loving everything she has come up with to assist the special needs community. She has a website here where you can order.
7. I cannot believe tomorrow is already May (or rather today since I know this will be published on Friday and I'm writing Thursday night). The year has flown by too fast, I hope and pray that Summer slows down to a snails pace. One thing I'm very excited about this Summer is a workshop being put on by our local children's theater. Stages Too is a one act play writing conference, it goes on for 3 days and it is even set up with a block of rooms at our local hotels and meal packages for those traveling from out of town to attend. It is going to be fantastic!