Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Guest Blogging - A Love Story & The Prayers of Students = Triplets!!!

*My sister-n-law Heidi graciously agreed to share about her family with us.  She is a wonderful mother and a talented Music teacher in addition to director of our parish Children's Choir.  I met her when she and Phillip began dating, so I got to see their story unfold when we didn't know the happiness that was to come.  I am so blessed to be living close to her now that we are back in Texas.  I am only sad that my children could not start off taking her music classes as babies - they are absolutely wonderful.  More information about that here:  Little Musicians*

Hello!
My name is Heidi, and I am blessed to call Kathy my sister-­in-­law. My husband, Phillip, is one of Pete’s brothers.
 Phillip and I have been married almost 13 years. Kathy asked me to write a post about our family, so here goes! Phillip and I first met in 7th grade. We really just had classes together and became friends. We shared an interest in choir and sang in several choirs together throughout our school days. In 12th grade, we started dating. When we first began dating, he told me right away that one day he would be a Catholic priest. I told him that was fine because I knew we would both go off to college in a year, and we’d probably go our separate ways. Well, we ended up dating 3 years straight. During the 3rd year, he felt he needed to pursue seminary, and I knew it would also be good for us to try traveling down different paths. It was difficult, but God was with us in our separate journeys. And so, another 3 years went by where we did not date. After the 3rd year of going down different roads, I received a phone call from Phillip. He was at the airport coming back from Rome during spring break. I was teaching 1st grade at the time in a Catholic School. He wanted to see me that night, but I told him I was busy (I had a date!). I met with him later on, and we both decided he needed to finish his current year of seminary and then see how we both felt (and where God was leading us both). To make a long story short, Phillip finished out the year but did not feel God was calling him to continue pursuing the priesthood. We started dating again, and then we got engaged. 

The next school year, Phillip also got a job at the same Catholic School, I was teaching at.  He began teaching middle school math and science. I was still teaching 1st grade, and we got married that school year. After we were married, many of Phillip’s middle school students would pray each morning at school, that we would have identical twins! Phillip had two sets of twins in his class. They were very fervent in their prayers. Phillip and I soon discovered we were blessed with a pregnancy. Little did I know that those children’s prayers would get answered, and then some! When I was 20­weeks pregnant, at our first sonogram, we were told we were having triplets! Neither side of our families seemed to have multiples in them. We decided that God definitely heard the prayers of Phillip’s students, and we jokingly said that we could have been blessed with triplets also because we kissed the Blarney Stone in Ireland on our honeymoon! Carrying triplets was a little scary with all the complications that could occur. However, I made it to 34 weeks. We were blessed with 2 identical boys and a little girl.

 When we first had them, I joked that Phillip and I dated 3 years, we broke up for 3 years, and then he gave us a gift of 3 beautiful babies. We also had a tremendous gift of help from family and friends for many months. We even had to move out of our 2 bedroom apartment (we had signed the contract on it when we thought we were pregnant with one baby), and purchase our first humble home. 3 babies, 2 adults, and 1 cat just don’t fit into a tiny 2 bedroom apartment! Now, we have 5 wonderful children. Our last two pregnancies were both singletons, and we are blessed to have 3 boys and 2 girls total. The doctor had told us when we had triplets that since it was so rare, we would probably not have multiples again. I just thank God for our family. I certainly don’t deserve all He has given us. I am eternally grateful for my husband, my children, and all of my family! Thank you for letting me share our little story!


5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful love story! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! Such a beautiful love story :) The children will love to hear this one over and over as they grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this story! You have a beautiful family. I've had 3 dreams about twin girls. But nothing yet.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great story! It's funny how many stories I've heard about a child praying for a new baby in the family and the mom would find herself pregnant soon after, but this story takes the cake. :)

    ReplyDelete

I do love comments, thank you for taking the time to leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...